Here are the bare basics of LCHF for anyone beginning their journey.
- Eat when you're hungry. This can mean ignoring traditional meal times and not snacking.
- Stop when you're satisfied. Don't be afraid to leave some of your meal if you are satiated.
- Eat lots of good fats, moderate amounts of protein and LOW carbohydrates.
- Eat real foods. Fresh produce, not packaged carbage!
- Get quality sleep. Turn off TVs, mobile phones etc and focus on rest.
- This is NOT a diet! LCHF eating is a lifestyle, with a huge, supportive community of people.
Eat lots of 'GOOD' fats and fat-rich foods.
- Butter (best is Grassfed)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coconut Oil
- MCT Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Lard / Tallow
- Eggs, especially the Yolks
- Bacon & Bacon Fat
- Macadamia Oil
- Full Fat Cream (Double Cream or Heavy Whipping Cream)
- Full Fat (Low Carb) Cheeses
- Homemade high fat sauces including Hollandaise, Béarnaise, Creamy Peppercorn etc
Eat lots of these nutrient-rich, low carb fruit & vegetables.
- Swiss Chard
- Brussels Sprouts
- Leafy Greens
Eat moderate amounts of protein.
- Beef (best is Grassfed)
- Chicken (especially with the Skin)
- Pork (especially the Crackling)
- Organ Meats
- Organic Eggs (boiled, butter-fried, poached, scambled etc)
Eat some of these higher carb ingredients.
- 70% and higher dark chocolate
AVOID these completely.
- Wheat Flour
- Seed oils (sunflower oil, canola oil, corn oil, margarine and butter like spreads etc)
- Sugar (This includes coconut sugar, palm sugar, honey, maple syrup etc)
- High Fructose Fruits
- Corn Syrup
- Potatoes and Starchy Vegetables
- Diet Foods
- Processed Foods
- GMO Foods
- Trans Fats
- Anything 'Low Fat'
What about alcohol? In moderation...
- Vodka (great with Soda water and a slice of lime)
- Occasional Dry Wine
Megtalálsz a Facebookon is: Boszorkánykonyha