2 large Eggs
2 tbsp. Almond Flour
1 1/2 tbsp. Psyllium Husk Powder
1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tbsp. Soft Butter
Fillings & Extras
2 oz. Cheddar Cheese (or white cheddar, if you’re feeling frisky)
1 tbsp. Butter, for frying
1. Let 2 tbsp. butter come to room temperature in a mug. Once it’s soft, add 2 tbsp. Almond Flour, 1 1/2 tbsp. Psyllium Husk, and 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder.
2. Mix this together as well as you can so that a thick dough is formed.
3. Add 2 large eggs and continue mixing together. You want a dough that is pretty thick. If your dough isn’t thick, continue mixing the dough – it will thicken up as you mix it (this can take up to 60 seconds).
4. Pour the dough into a square container or bowl. Level it off and clean off the sides that that it comes out as level as you can get it.
5. Microwave for about 90-100 seconds. You will have to check the done-ness of it to make sure it doesn’t need longer.
6. Remove from the container or bowl by flipping it upside down and lightly tapping the bottom. Cut it in half using a bread knife.
7. Measure out the cheese you can and stick it between the buns.
8. Bring 1 tbsp. butter to heat in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add bun and allow to cook in the butter. This should be absorbed by the bread as you cook and give a delicious, crisp outside.
9. Serve up with a side salad for some delicious ooey-gooey grilled cheese!
This will make 1 Keto Grilled Cheese Sandwich. For the sandwich, it comes out to 793 Calories, 70g Fats, 4.7g Net Carbs, and 29g Protein.